To choose between the Evenflo Everystage DLX and the Graco Extend2fit, know that the main promise of Evenflo Everystage DLX is its availability in the rear-facing, forward-facing and booster seat years. Graco Extend2fit pledges comfort even for the reluctant rear-facing children.
Know more about what other features can be experienced from these 2 car seats so you could also decide on which one to buy for your child.
Evenflo Everystage DLX
4 to 50 pounds
|Rear-Facing Height Limit:|
17 to 43 inches
Up to 45 inches
22 to 65 pounds
|Forward-Facing Height Limit:|
28 to 50 inches
Up to 49 inches
|High Back Booster Weight:|
40 to 120 pounds
|High Back Booster Height Limit:|
44 to 57 inches/at least 4 Years Old
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that parents should let their children ride in rear-facing car seats until they max out the weight and/or height capacity of the seat. They are also marketed to be equipped to accommodate the tiniest passenger, but when tested using preemie dolls, neither seat proved to be a good choice for premature babies. They reportedly fit well on average-sized newborn babies of about 7 pounds.
These 2 car seats are ideal in complying with the recommendation of extended rear-facing. They also share the same forward-facing weight capacity.
- Rear-Facing and Forward-Facing Height Limit – They slightly differ in height limit. For rear-facing, Graco Extend2fit has a higher height limit of 45 inches while Evenflo Everystage DLX has 43 inches limit. For forward-facing, Everystage DLX has a height limit of 50 inches while Extend2Fit has a height limit of 49 inches.
- Booster Mode – Only Everystage DLX has this capacity to be a high back booster seat.
- Special Rear-Facing Feature – Graco Extend2Fit is known for its foot extender panel. This foot/leg tray can be set up in 4 positions to provide the child passenger up to 5 inches of legroom. According to many reviews, this foot extender panel helps make children feel more comfortable and less reluctant to sit in the rear-facing car seat. This feature is also meant to accommodate children who are taller than most but are still not beyond the 50 pounds weight limit.
Good All-In-One Car Seats
Evenflo Everystage DLX
They are roughly the same width, but they would likely not fit 3 across in a vehicle.
- Fit In Vehicles
The height of the Evertstage DLX is one thing that parents need to pay attention to when they are selecting the place for this car seat. In a vehicle with multiple rows of seats, one parent noted that this should not be installed in the upper rows or rows toward the back of the vehicle so that the back window view will not be blocked. Cars, where this Evenflo child restraint has been installed with no problems, include the 2011 Mini Countryman and 2015 Honda Odyssey.
With Graco Extend2Fit, its leg extender panel is what you need to consider if you wish to maximize the space for front passengers and drivers, especially in a compact vehicle. At the fully extended position of 5 inches more, it may compromise the leg space for the front passenger/driver when installed right behind the respective seats. According to parent reviewers, this child restraint was installed quite successfully inside Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Rav4, and Chevy Traverse.
Evenflo Everystage DLX
|Do I need to use a pool noodle/rolled towel?|
Yes, allowed according to manual
|Easy To Install Rear-Facing by LATCH?|
|Easy To Install Rear-Facing By Seatbelt?|
|Easy To Install Forward-Facing?|
No by LATCH
Yes by seatbelt
|Easy To Uninstall?|
|Lower Anchor Weight Limit:|
- Installation Resources
Evenflo has a database you could browse through to find your needed user manual. If you wish to watch for a visual demo instead, you may book for a live video installation at https://evenflo.appointlet.com/ so you would not need to search online for it.
With Graco, there is a webpage you could go to for searching the exact manual for your purchased car seat. You would be required to enter the model number of the car seat (and will be shown where to find that model number on the juvenile safety product).
- LATCH Installation
This category is a win for the Evenflo Everystage DLX mainly because of its EasyClick LATCH system. It is a ratcheting lower anchor connector system that involves a few simple steps for achieving a tightly installed car seat within just a couple of minutes. See the video.
- Lower Anchor Weight Limit
Although it is much easier to install the Everystage DLX using the lower anchors than Extend2Fit, the latter provides greater leeway for the weight limit. If the child using an Evenflo Everystage DLX reaches 40 pounds weight, you know it is time to change installation from LATCH to vehicle seatbelt. With Graco Extend2Fit, you would not need to do so until the child weighs 45 pounds.
Extend2Fit has more recline settings than Everystage DLX. Yet, the latter is highly appreciated for its unique newborn recline feature.
At the lowest setting of Everystage DLX harness for newborns, its recline angle will automatically correct itself at an angle appropriate for newborn infants. This setting, however, often catches the fabric of the headrest so some parents claimed they had issues adjusting the headrest particularly when they need to use the same car seat for other children. There are recline positions marked on the base of the seat. There is a bubble angle indicator you can use to check for both rear-facing and forward-facing modes.
When the Extend2Fit has been installed, keep in mind that its recline angle would be difficult to change unless you uninstall the car seat. A ball recline indicator can check the recline. It may not have the unique recline mechanism of Everystage DLX for newborns, but reviewers noted that Extend2Fit can be installed at a much-reclined angle for newborns.
Good Two Way Car Seats
Evenflo Everystage DLX
|Country Of Origin:|
|Side Impact Tested:|
|Approved For Airplane Use:|
|Easy To Buckle And Unbuckle?|
Both car seats have five-point harnesses, side-impact protection, and aircraft use approval.
- Country of Origin – Extend2Fit is a China-made product, which could turn-off some people who prefer US-made products. Yet, be reminded that some parts of Everystage DLX are not locally made and sourced.
- Safety Testimonial And Issues – When it comes to testimonials from parents who have personally experienced how the car seat actually protected a child in a road accident, you will find that Graco Extend2Fit has such numerous reviews. However, be sure that the car seat you will buy is not one of the Graco car seats recalled (manufactured November 27, 2015, to January 20, 2016) back on March 22, 2016. The recall was due to the confusion about the proper use of the child restraint due to the inappropriately-placed recline labeling. Also, another safety concern of some parents about Extend2Fit is its painted warning label that could burn the skin of children.